Kamis, 15 November 2012

The error message says "Paper jam".

1. Turn off and unplug the printer. Duh.

2. Prop open the top so you can work. I used a screwdriver under the hinge.

3. Wet a q-tip in plain water and *important* shake off the excess. Don't drip water into the printer guts. Again, duh.

4. Carefully wipe off both sides of the encoder strip until it looks translucent gray. I did this by gently twisting the strip so I could press downwards with the q-tip. Do all of it that is exposed then slide the carriage to the other side and clean the strip section that was hidden by it. Be careful, if it breaks you're screwed.

5. Dry the strip. I used my fingertips. If you use a rag be sure it's soft and lint free. IMPORTANT: Dry it only from left to right towards the spring. Going the other way might cause the strip to fall off. And again, you're screwed.