Kamis, 15 November 2012

ip4000 error - 6A00

the 6A00 is a mechanism jam code. Regarding Error code 6A00. I have a Canon Pixma iP5000. I got that code. No easy answers on the net so I took it apart myself. The covers are all snap locked on. It was a bit painful but I got the side and top covers off to reveal the print head. There is a device that slides back n forth and acts like a window cleaners squeegie on the printhead. This mechanism seemed to be stuck at its full extention rather than being back at home base. Every time I turned it on and off I could see it tried to move but seemed to be stuck. I gave it a little assistance and that released it. I think it had become glugged up with drying ink and that had acted like a glue holding it out at full extension. The mechanism that drives the sliding squeegie relies on a spring  for it to return.

The spring wasn't strong enough to over come the gluey ink and so the whole thing jammed up which is probably what the code means - jammed mechanism. If you are going to try it. Do not force any part of the covers. There are little arrows in the plastic indicating where the snap locks are, stick a flat head screw driver in to release. Trial and error will release the right ones first. You'll release one part only to find it hooked up at the next snap lock. Some are hidden under or on opening covers so keep looking. The base seems to be securly attached to the workings so dont try and get it off. Just top and sides. Ink is water based so a damp rag is all you need to clean. If youre not technically minded dont bother.