Kamis, 15 November 2012

HP Officejet 6210- repeated

After printing about 100 sheets (new HP 6210 printer), I started getting the dreaded carriage jam warning. The printer became completely inoperable. The printer would clunk and clank itself to death. Like one user reported, this seemed to start after I faxed using the paper feeder - a seemingly unrelated event. The problem started out with random jams and got worse.

Doing the reset thing, I disconnected the power, held down # and 3,and reconnected power. The first time it powered on automatically (it never says RESET at any time as the HP web page states), said "initializing", and then it informed me the B&W cartridge was used. The carriage goes through a very distinctive adjustment AND THE PRINTER IS COMPLETELY FIXED OF THE CARRIAGE PROBLEM. I tried the reset again, the printer didn't turn on the second time, so still holding # and 3, I pressed the ON button. Again it displayed "initializing," informed me my B&W AND my color cartridges were used and then went on to additionally align the cartridges after the very distinctive carriage alignment procedure. After the second reset, the printer was still back to working perfectly with no carriage problems.