Kamis, 15 November 2012

Epson rx600 blank lcd

I've been following this thread with interest as my lcd has been blank for about two weeks. One trouble-shooting thing I tried was the following: I suspected that my black ink was out, since all of a sudden the printer would only print the first few lines of any page. And yet, because of the blank lcd I could not confirm it, nor could I follow the prompts for obvious reasons. But, on a hunch, I replaced it anyway, in this rather unorthodox manner:

1. turn unit off
2. lift lid
3. start unit, and while cartridge unit is traveling
4. unplug unit

what this acccompished was to leave the cartridge unit in mid-travel, so I could reach in and replace black ink cartridge.

after

5. turning unit back on

I was able to print like before.

But, even better, I went to the Epson site and filled out their trouble-shooting forms and kept choosing "none of the above" until there was a box to send a specific message. I let them know that the lcd was blank, and within an hour I got an email back that included an offer to ship a replacement unit! Which is now underway. So it seems that Epson is well aware of the glitch. The email which offered replacement said that the unit must be under warranty, and the email itself included a transcription of the Q and A of the trouble-shooting guide, so I think that this Q and A portion of the Epson web site is probably the portal through which one must go in order to get a positive response.